In the past decade, technology, social media, and the internet have drastically changed the way buyers shop for homes. Has your real estate listing strategy adjusted accordingly? If you're still relying on the same old process you've used forever, then it miiight be time to consider some fresh strategies. We highly recommend adding video to your marketing plan. It makes sense for all kinds of small businesses, but especially for real estate agents. Here are eight reasons why we love real estate video:
1. Video builds trust. As an agent, getting in front of the camera and talking to your audience is an opportunity to show your personality and let people put a face to your name. This builds trust and rapport, which is great for generating leads.
Video is also a great way to build trust in your listing. In the age of virtual staging and Photoshop, buyers may be skeptical whether the listing photos are really true-to-life...but they're more likely to trust a video walk-through.
2. Video creates an emotional connection. It's one thing to tell buyers the stats of a house...it's another thing to give buyers a feel for the house. With cinematic motion and the help of background music, video has the ability to make buyers fall in love with a house and get that exciting feeling..."this is the one!!!"
3. Video can show the flow of a house. A real estate walkthrough video can capture the layout and flow of a house in a way that photos can't. This is super helpful if you think you may have out-of-town buyers!
4. Video can make you stand out as a cutting-edge agent. Providing video is a way to make you stand out and show your next sellers that you go above and beyond the average.
5. Video performs well on social media. Many social media channels give preference to video content, which means that by posting video, you're likely to get more engagement, generate more interest in your listings, gain followers, and reach new leads.
6. Video is quick and easy to consume. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then video is worth a million. It can convey information to viewers much more quickly than reading a listing description or even scrolling through photos.
7. Video can give a sense of the neighborhood. By adding on drone footage or b-roll footage of the neighborhood, you can give buyers a feel for the neighborhood, and show a house's proximity to nearby attractions.
8. You don't have to be in your videos. It's a great idea for agents to put themselves out there in video. But if you're uncomfortable with getting in front of the camera, we get it. The good news for real estate agents is that you can create great video content that builds your brand...without ever showing your face. Whether we record a voiceover, or just add music to the video, we can let the house take center stage.
If you've been on the fence about adding video to your marketing strategy, feel free to reach out to us with any questions! We're here to help you through the process, make you feel comfortable and confident, and add tons of value to your marketing efforts.